Cranberries, Cranes, and Beautiful Fall Foliage
October 11-13, 2017 - 3 Days
From the Thanksgiving feast to breads, sauces, coffees and teas, cranberries are one versatile fruit. Experience the annual autumn harvest of one of America’s native berries – the cranberry. See cranberry marshes ablaze in shades of scarlet with colorful fall foliage all around. Freshly harvested cranberries available for purchase. Come join us on this beautiful autumn getaway to Cranberry Country – you’ll be “berry” glad you did!
The oldest Wisconsin cranberry marsh still producing cranberries today was planted near Tomah, WI in 1870. You’ll learn all about this area’s famed fruit on a guided tour through the Wetherby Cranberry Marsh, where you’ll have an opportunity to purchase fresh cranberries. Visit the Wisconsin Cranberry discovery Center, a museum which highlights the history of cranberry farming in Wisconsin. Cranberry gift items available
for purchase in the shop. Reception of cranberry ice cream & coffee here.
Did you ever wonder how the cranberry got its name? This red berry was orginally called the crane berry by dutch & German settlers because the cranberry blossoms’ light pink petals resemble the head & bill of a sandhill crane. We’ll stop at the international Crane Foundation (ICF) in Baraboo, WI for a guided tour of this aviary sanctuary. ICF maintains a captive crane population for breeding & reintroduction to the wild & works worldwide to conserve cranes & the wetlands, grasslands, and other ecosystems on which they depend.
In the hills & valleys of western Wisconsin is a thriving Amish community. We’ll take a guided tour of the Amish countryside with local guides and learn about their simple lifestyle with stops at Amish shops included.
Make a pit stop at Humbird Cheese Barn for free samples of delicious Wisconsin cheeses. Buy some to take home with you! With views of scenic bluffs, splashed with fall colors, sit back and relax as you cruise the Mississippi River on the La Crosse Queen. Lunch included & narration provided on the relaxing scenic river cruise.
- Lunch in Wisconsin Dells.
- See 15 different species of cranes up close on a guided tour of the International Crane Foundation. The ICF maintains a captive crane population for breeding & reintroduction into the wild & works worldwide to conserve cranes & their habitats.
- Check into Hampton Inn, Tomah, WI for 2 nights.
- Dinner in the area.
- Hot breakfast at hotel.
- Visit the Wetherby Cranberry Marsh on a guided tour. You'll learn all about what it takes to grow and harvest cranberries from the grower herself. See the workers collecting cranberries firsthand and the equipment they use to do it. At the end, you'll have a chance to purchase fresh cranberries right from the marsh.
- Visit the Wisconsin Cranberry Discovery Center - a museum in Tomah which highlights the history of cranberry farming in Wisconsin. Here you'll have the opportunity to purchase products made from cranberries - there's everything from soap to soup! Also, enjoy cranberry ice cream with your choice of cranberry tea or coffee.
- See the gorgeous rolling hills of Wisconsin on a guided tour of Amish country. Learn about their simple lifestyle & if desired, buy their goods.
- Dinner at Burnstad’s European Cafe in Tomah, WI.
- Breakfast at hotel.
- Stop at Humbird Cheese Barn to purchase Wisconsin cheese & products.
- Arrive at the La Crosse River Queen for a narrated luncheon cruise up the Mississippi River, with glimpses of fall foliage along the riverbanks.
- Deluxe motorcoach transportation
- 2 nights’ deluxe hotel accommodations
- 6 meals: 2 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 2 dinners & 1 cranberry ice cream
- All taxes, gratuities (including driver & tour director) & luggage handling
- All attractions, sightseeing tours & admission charges
- Services of an experienced American Classic tour director
- Travel Guard Trip Insurance: Trip cancellation & interruption, emergency medical & transportation & luggage insurance
LET'S GET GOING
Your hotel rooms are reserved, your dinners are arranged, tip and tax are pre-paid, your trip is insured, your tickets to entertainment and attractions are purchased, your escort is ready,
all that is left.....IS YOU.
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY: $898.00 PER PERSON
SINGLE OCCUPANCY: $1039.00
To make a reservation call 800-666-0358 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We hope you will join us on this world-class trip and join our amazing community of travelers. You'll love it, we guarantee it.