A Field of Dreams in Flyover Country
July 5 - 7, 2017 I 3 Days
There’s more to Iowa than just corn! It’s the inspiration for some of America’s great movies: Fighting Sullivans, Buddy Holly Story, Sound of Music, The Music Man and Field of Dreams. Come behind the scenes (and the cornstalks!) to discover Hollywood in the Heartland. You'll be amazed at all that is included in this fun-filled 3-day summer getaway. The fascinating attractions will leave you saying, “I never knew all this was here in Iowa!”
- Music Man Square
- Meredith Willson Boyhood Home
- Barbershop Quartet
- Surf Ballroom last venue for Buddy Holly, the Big Bopper and Ritchie Valens
- Clear Lake Boat Cruise
- Field of Dreams Movie Site
- Sound of Music “Lonely Goatherd” Marionettes
- Sullivan Brothers Veterans Museum
- Frank Lloyd Wright’s Historic Park Inn Hotel & Homes
- John Deere Tractor Assembly Plant
- The Little Brown Church in the Vale - inspiration for the beloved hymn, “Church in the Wildwood.”
- Deluxe motorcoach transportation
- 2 nights deluxe hotel accommodations
- 6 meals: 2 full breakfasts, 2 lunches, 2 dinners
- All taxes, gratuities (including driver & tour director) & luggage handling
- All attractions, sightseeing tours & admission charges
- Services of an experienced American Classic tour director
- Travel Guard Trip Insurance: Trip cancellation & interruption, emergency medical & transportation & luggage insurance
- Cross the scenic Mississippi River & lunch enroute.
- Visit Iowa Veterans Museum,Waterloo - new state of the art museum dedicated to those who have served our country & honors hometown heros - the ﬁve Sullivan Brothers who were killed in action in WWII. Their story is told in the movie - The Fighting Sullivans.
- Visit Little Brown Church in the Vale, Nashua, IA. Hear the miraculous story of this little country church which was the inspiration for the beloved hymn,“Church in the Wildwood.” We’ll sing this hymn accompanied by the church organ.
- Welcome to River City USA, Mason City, Iowa - hometown of Meredith Willson, creator of the The Music Man, and his inspiration for the movie.
- Arrive at the Holiday Inn Express, Mason City for 2 nights.
- Fine dining at Prime N Wine in Mason City.
- Reminisce with scenes from The Music Man as you enjoy the precision four part harmony of a Barbershop Quartet.
- Breakfast at the hotel.
- Step back in time at the famous Surf Ballroom in Clear Lake, the ﬁnal concert venue for Buddy Holly, the Big Bopper and Ritchie Valens on February 2, 1959. After that concert a tragic plane crash killed all three rock and roll greats on a day forever known as “the day the music died.” This event was immortalized in the movie: The Buddy Holly Story. This 1950's tropical themed venue is still in operation and is authentically preserved exactly as it was in 1959.
- Free time for lunch and shopping in the charming resort town of Clear Lake.
- Return to Mason City to discover the architecture of Frank Lloyd Wright. Tour the Historic Park Inn the only remaining Frank Lloyd Wright hotel in the world which was recently renovated and reopened. Also drive by many Frank Lloyd Wright homes.
- At the MacNider Art Museum see the “Lonely Goatherd” marionettes from the The Sound of Music displayed.
- Guided tour of Music Man Square - a recreation of the ﬁctional town, River City, Iowa from the movie, The Music Man. This innovative and amazing structure, paid for by the estate of Meredith Willson, features Victorian storefronts, River City High School, gaslit lamps, the pool hall, picket fences, Willson’s boyhood home, and more. See a ﬁlm about the making of the movie, enjoy an ice cream cone from the ice cream parlor, see life-sized dioramas & memorabilia from the Music Man at the museum & gift shop.
- Dinner at the historic Decker House, Mason City.
- Relax on a sunset cruise on Clear Lake aboard the Lady of the Lake.
- Breakfast at the hotel.
- Tram tour of the John Deere Tractor Assembly Plant in Waterloo, IA.
- Lunch at Country Junction, Dyersville, IA.
- Guided tour of the Field of Dreams, Dyersville, IA. Walk on the baseball diamond where the 1989 movie was ﬁlmed amidst the cornﬁelds of Iowa.
LET'S GET GOING
Your hotel rooms are reserved, your dinners are arranged, tip and tax are pre-paid, your trip is insured, your tickets to entertainment and attractions are purchased, your escort is ready,
all that is left.....IS YOU.
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY: $1059.00 PER PERSON
SINGLE OCCUPANCY: $1259.00
To make a reservation call 800-666-0358 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We hope you will join us on this world-class trip and join our amazing community of travelers. You'll love it, we guarantee it.