The Life of Lincoln
April 3 - 5, 2018 - 3 Days
Amidst the grand prairielands of central Illinois is a treasure-trove of important American historic sites…Springfield – Mr. Lincoln’s Hometown. Special feature will be a visit to the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum. This state of the art museum will carry visitors on twin journeys from a crude Indiana cabin to Ford’s Theatre and a reproduction of the House Chamber in the Old State Capitol where Lincoln’s casket lies in state. The museum also features Lincoln artifacts, “Lincoln’s Eyes” – a screen presentation and “Ghosts of the Library” – a unique holographic theater presentation. Abe Lincoln and Mary Todd Lincoln impersonators will entertain at dinner. Return home via motorcoach with wonderful memories of Mr. Lincoln’s Hometown!
- Deluxe motorcoach transportation
- Amtrak rail service to Springfield
- 2 night deluxe hotel accommodations
- 5 meals: 2 full breakfasts, 1 lunch, 2 dinners
- All taxes, gratuities (driver & escort) & luggage handling
- All attractions, sightseeing tours & admission charges
- Services of an experienced American Classic tour director
- Travel Guard Trip Insurance: Trip cancellation & interruption, emergency medical & transportation & luggage insurance
- Old State Capitol
- New State Capitol
- Governor’s Mansion
- Lincoln’s Tomb
- Lincoln’s Home
- Historic Presbyterian Church Hymn Sing
- Illinois State Museum
- Frank Lloyd Wright’s Dana Thomas House
- Transportation to meet the Amtrack train bound for Springfield.
- Travel on Amtrak to Springfield.
- Tour the Illinois Governor’s Mansion.
- Guided tour of the New State Capitol.
- Check into the President Abraham Lincoln Doubletree Hotel for 2 nights, downtown Springfield.
- Dinner at Maldaner’s Restaurant
- After dinner enjoy a presentation given by Abraham & Mary Todd Lincoln impersonators.
- Visit the New Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library & Museum, featuring a special exhibit. Combining impeccable scholarship with brilliant showmanship, the museum carries visitors on a journey from a crude, Indiana cabin to Ford’s Theater. View the screen presentation “Lincoln’s Eyes,” and see the presentation “Ghosts of the Library,” which brings Lincoln’s documents and artifacts literally to life.
- Free time for lunch and visit Lincoln-Herndon Law Office on own.
- Guided tour the city of Springfield including the Old State Capitol, the Illinois Military Museum, & the Oak Ridge Cemetery to see the Lincoln Tomb - the final resting place of Abraham, Mary Todd, Tad, Eddie & Willie Lincoln.
- Dinner at the hotel.
- Tour the Lincoln Home, a Quaker-brown residence where the Abraham Lincoln family lived for seventeen years (1844-1861)
- Tour the Dana Thomas House, a Frank Lloyd Wright masterpiece.
- Lunch in Springfield at MCL before returning home via motorcoach.
LET'S GET GOING
Your hotel rooms are reserved, your dinners are arranged, tip and tax are pre-paid, your trip is insured, your tickets to entertainment and attractions are purchased, your escort is ready,
all that is left.....IS YOU.
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY: $998.00 PER PERSON
SINGLE OCCUPANCY: $1198.00
To make a reservation call 800-666-0358 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We hope you will join us on this world-class trip and join our amazing community of travelers. You'll love it, we guarantee it.