Mississippi River Magic
June 13 - 15, 2018 - 3 Days
Delight in the beauty of the Mississippi River Valley on a full day, 100 mile cruise aboard the Celebration Belle. Cruise from Dubuque to Bettendorf while enjoying a full breakfast, lunch & prime rib dinner as well as narration by the captain, live entertainment, activities, travel through 3 locks & dams and views of majestic bluffs. Other tour highlights include: Lunch at Fried Green Tomatoes with free time in Galena and the new National Mississippi River Museum & Aquarium in Dubuque. We’ll also step back in time during a visit to charming Bishop Hill Colony, IL. This “prairie utopia” was established by industrious Swedish immigrants in the mid-1800’s. Take a guided tour to see the colony’s historic buildings and enjoy a Swedish lunch in Bishop Hill. Free time to visit the heritage shops here. Don’t miss the boat as we cruise the mighty Mississippi!
- Deluxe motorcoach transportation
- 2 nights deluxe hotel accommodations
- 7 meals: 2 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 2 dinners
- All taxes, gratuities (including driver & tour director) & luggage handling
- All attractions, sightseeing tours & admission charges
- Services of an experienced American Classic tour director
- Travel Guard Trip Insurance: Trip cancellation & interruption, emergency medical & transportation
& luggage insurance
- Full Day Cruise on the Celebration Belle
- Live Entertainment on the Celebration Belle
- The Great River Road
- Fried Green Tomatoes in Galena, IL
- Free time in historic Galena
- The National Mississippi River Museum & Aquarium
- Bishop Hill Colony
- Swedish Lunch at PL Johnson's
- Dinner at historic Breitbachs Restaurant
- Lunch at Fried Green Tomatoes in Galena, Illinois
- Free time to explore the charms of Galena which features a unique collection of interesting shops offering a wide array of items.
- Visit the brilliant National Mississippi River Museum & Aquarium in Dubuque, Iowa and get acquainted with America’s major river that has contributed to our nation’s colorful history, legend and lore.
- Arrive at the Hampton Inn, Dubuque, Iowa. Enjoy dinner at Iowa’s oldest dining establishment (ca 1852) known as Breitbach’s Country Dining. Breitbach’s is famous for it’s home cooking, rich family heritage, and beautiful views of the Mississippi River & the river valley.
- Experience the magic of the Mississippi on a 100 mile river cruise aboard the Celebration Belle. Cruise from Dubuque to Bettendorf while enjoying a full breakfast, lunch, an afternoon snack & prime rib dinner as well as narration by the captain, live entertainment, activities, travel through 3 locks & dams & views of majestic bluffs.
- Arrive at the Radisson on John Deere Commons in Moline, IL and spend the evening enjoying the amenities.
- Take a guided tour through Bishop Hill Colony and experience the rich history of this “prairie utopia” established by industrious Swedish immigrants.
- This prosperous colony built 18 handmade brick buildings, farmed extensively & exported fine products.
- Swedish lunch at the PL Johnson, Bishop Hill.
- Free time to explore the heritage shops featuring Swedish foods, handmade gifts, country crafts, quilts & more.
Visit Bishop Hill colony
A Trip for Birdlovers
LET'S GET GOING
Your hotel rooms are reserved, your dinners are arranged, tip and tax are pre-paid, your trip is insured, your tickets to entertainment and attractions are purchased, your escort is ready,
all that is left.....IS YOU.
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY: $1059.00 PER PERSON
SINGLE OCCUPANCY: $1198.00
To make a reservation call 800-666-0358 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We hope you will join us on this world-class trip and join our amazing community of travelers. You'll love it, we guarantee it.