The Dells, Taliesin, and So Much More
June 6 - 8, 2017 - 3 days
Scenery abounds here in the Uplands of Wisconsin – this driftless area of valleys and hills was not leveled by the last glacier. Highlights include: Frank Lloyd Wright’s Taliesin near Spring Green, House on the Rock, Wisconsin Dells Boat Cruise, The Fireside Dinner Theater featuring “Back to the 50’s”, the unspoiled beauty of the scenic Wisconsin River of southwest Wisconsin and so much more! Relax and refresh at the House on the Rock Resort located on a course featuring 27 holes of championship golf. The design of this lovely resort was inspired by Frank Lloyd Wright’s style of architecture of building within the natural landscape. Savor the delectable cuisine offerings. With blooming flowers, freshly green landscape and more hours of daylight than in any other month of the year, June is the perfect time to travel.
- Frank Lloyd Wright's Taliesin near Spring Green
- House on the Rock
- Wisconsin Dells Boat Cruise
- The Fireside Dinner Theater featuring "Back to the 50's,"
- Scenic views of beautiful Southwest Wisconsin
- 2-night stay at the House on the Rock Resort
- Deluxe motorcoach transportation
- 2 nights deluxe hotel accommodations
- 7 meals: 2 full breakfasts, 3 lunches & 2 dinners
- All taxes, gratuities (including driver & tour director) & luggage handling
- All attractions, sightseeing tours & admission charges
- Services of an experienced American Classic tour
- Travel Guard Trip Insurance: Trip cancellation & interruption, emergency medical & transportation luggage insurance
- Lunch in Wisconsin Dells, WI.
- Scenic boat cruise of the Upper Dells. There is a 15-mile stretch of the Wisconsin River that is home to towering sandstone cliffs - spectacular natural sculptures carved by wind, water and time, and shaped by the history and legends of Native Americans, traders and rivermen. This is Wisconsin Dells, a unique combination of beauty and mystery. Wisconsin Dells first became a vacation destination in the mid-1850s. The first river guides used rowboats and later, paddle-wheeled steamers were introduced, and then motorized boats. Today, Dells Boat Tours carries over 500,000 passengers annually through the scenic wonders of Wisconsin Dells.
- Arrive at the lovely House on the Rock Resort for two nights inspired by Frank Lloyd Wright style of architecture of building within the natural landscape. This resort is located on a course featuring 27 holes of championship golf. The resort also features an exceptional blend of spacious suites, exceptional spa services, and beautiful indoor pool, tennis courts, cocktail lounge, & golf & gift shops.
- Wine & cheese reception upon arrival.
- Dinner at the House On the Rock Resort.
- Breakfast at the resort.
- Tour of Frank Lloyd Wright’s Taliesin, Spring Green, WI. Among the most famous residences in the United States, Taliesin embodies Wright’s energy, technique and creative vision. The house stands as the longest on-going project of Wright’s career. Experience the landscaped grounds, furnishings, collected objects and, of course, the building itself. Explore the Taliesin courtyards and gardens,Taliesin’s famed living room, the garden room, loggia and bedroom.
- Lunch at the Riverview Spring Green Restaurant at Taliesin.
- Explore House on the Rock - the grand vision of Alex Jordan, who believed that sights and sounds were the most effective means of stimulating the senses. He wanted guests to question his creation, to come to their own conclusions and to turn his world of dreams into their own. Room after room see of some of the world’s most unique & eclectic collections including an intricately furnished doll house collection and the world’s largest indoor carousel. Each exhibit is filled with the exotic, the majestic and the unexpected. The unusual container gardens feature 285 different types of plants and
- Breakfast at the resort.
- Dinner and a matinee show, at the Fireside Theater tribute to the most exciting musical decade of them all! The decade that brought us TV dinners, hula hoops, quiz show scandals, talk show legends, and the birth of Rock and Roll. Continuing the tradition of the Fireside’s wildly popular band shows, Back to the Fifties will thrill and delight audiences of all ages. Our Fireside band will bring you the music and the fun from such artists as Jerry Lee Lewis, Buddy Holly, Bobby Darin, The Platters, Little Richard, Patsy Cline, Nat King Cole, Ricky Nelson, Johnny Mathis, The Everly Brothers, and more!
- Return home.
the House on the Rock
Featuring A 2-Night Stay at the House on the Rock Resort
"Alex Jordan's retreat built atop a chimney of rock opened to the public in 1960. The retreat was only the beginning. Alex used to explain his sprawling creation of collections, displays and galleries by saying that "one thing just sort of led to another". Since those early days the world Alex Jordan created has grown far beyond the Original House and into an attraction with many buildings that contain eclectic, exotic and whimsical exhibits and displays. The House on the Rock is open year round and offers different experiences depending on the time of the year. The days of the week, hours of operation and portions of the attraction that are open vary depending on the experience."
--Courtesy of Travel Wisconsin
LET'S GET GOING
Your hotel rooms are reserved, your dinners are arranged, tip and tax are pre-paid, your trip is insured, your tickets to entertainment and attractions are purchased, your escort is ready,
all that is left.....IS YOU.
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY: $1098.00 PER PERSON
SINGLE OCCUPANCY: $1298.00
To make a reservation call 800-666-0358 or email us at email@example.com. We hope you will join us on this world-class trip and join our amazing community of travelers. You'll love it, we guarantee it.